For some reason, you may want to change your Paypal Account from Business to Personal and you don’t really know how to go about that, probably, that is why you search for help on google.
However, we are here to help you, that is why we have decided to write this article on how to change Paypal Account from Business to Personal, so read on to get the solution to this problem.
What is Paypal
Before you search for how to change your Paypal account from a business account to a personal account, it means that you already know what PayPal is all about and you probably have a Paypal account.
However, let me just use this opportunity to give a beef introduction to what Paypal is and the types of accounts that PayPal offers for those that don’t know about it.
According to Wikipedia,
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating an online payments system in the majority of countries that support online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods such as checks and money orders
Type of Paypal account
- Paypal Personal Account: if you want to use a Paypal account for just shopping or maybe sending money to only your family and friends, you can hoop in for a personal PayPal account, however, PayPal personal account has some limitations compared to that of a business account.
- PayPal Business Account: As the name implies, you can use this type of account for all type of business transaction like e-commerce and other online business models that requires online payment from an international client.
Different Between Paypal Personal and Business Account
One of the major differences between a personal PayPal account and the business account is in terms of fees and functionalities.
Paypal does not charge you for transactions done on the personal account since it is transactions done between friends and family but on the business account, you get to pay PayPal a little fee for each transaction.
You can read more about PayPal fees and charges using this link
How to Change Paypal Account from Business to Personal
Below are the two methods you can use to change your PayPal account from business to personal, this process can also be called PayPal account downgrading.
With this step, you will get in touch with the PayPal support team via their chat assistant ( Chatbot ), and then request a downgrade.
Follow the steps below.
- On Paypal’s official website, scroll down and click the contact link . you will be redirected to PayPal Help Center.
- Scroll down and locate the “Message us button and click on it
- It will now ask you to log in in case you are not logged in already. Make sure that you log in using valid credentials.
- Use the “Message us” section to communicate with the agent. The PayPal Assistant, which is the chatbot, will try to solve your common question. In this instance, we’ll need to talk to the chatbot to get our request resolved.
- Continue answering questions until you’re asked, “Would you like to transfer this conversation to an agent?” Yes, should be selected.
- Your questions would be answered by the agent if he is available.
- Log in to your PayPal account You have to log in to make this request.
- Click on the contact link. You will be redirected to the Contact Us page.
- You’ve arrived at the Help Center page. Select “Account profile and set up” and then “Upgrade or downgrade your account” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down until you see the option to “Email us.” It will take you to the Customer Service by Email page.
- If you are unable to see the “Email us” button, please contact us. This link will take you to the Contact Us page at https://www.paypal.com/smc/compose.
- If you utilized the above link, choose “Account profile and set up” from the drop-down menu, then “Upgrade or downgrade your account.”
- State your reason for the downgrade of the account. you will get responded to within 24 hours.
You can Change your Paypal Account from Business to Personal by following the steps above, however, if you encounter any problems, mention them in the comment section below, we are always ready to help you out.
Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog by clicking on the red bell icon below this post so that you can get updated anytime we post.